Caring For Your Canter for Cancer Rug
To ensure your rug remains as waterproof as possible, for as long as possible, we recommend the following care:
- Damp or wet rugs should be hung in a well-ventilated area to dry before storing or folding
- Always store your rugs out of direct sunlight, as prolonged exposure to UV can damage the outer
- Do not scrub your rug with brushes or sharp tools. This will damage the waterproofing
- When not in use, the rug should always be stored in a dry area and should not be put away damp
- Do not use detergents when cleaning your rug as they will damage the waterproofing
- If necessary, wash the rug by hosing with cold water only
- The rugs are able to be re-waterproofed if necessary
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 'Denier'?
(For example 1200D)
The denier is the strength of the outer layer of your rug. The higher the denier, the stronger the outer will be and the more likely the rug will be to last a long time. Generally, a higher denier rug will be more expensive than a lower denier rug.
Canter for Cancer rugs come in 1200 and 1680 denier. We have chosen not to stock 600 denier rugs as we have found they tend to come to the end of their lives sooner compared to a higher denier rug. Our aim is to provide you with functional rugs at an affordable price.
What is 'fill'?
(For example 100g Fill)
'Fill' measures the weight of the polyester fill inside a synthetic rug. A lightweight summer rug can vary from a plain cotton lining and 'zero fill' or 'no fill', to a light 100 gram 'fill'. The 100 gram 'fill' can also fall under the medium-weight category (or in-between).
Heavy winter weight rugs tend to come with a 200-300g fill. The weight of the rug that your horse requires will depend on a few varying factors, such as the climate where you live, and how much your horse feels the cold.
You can also purchase one of our stable rugs to combine with a higher fill rug if your horse is clipped, or very cold where you live.
Our rugs are famous for being roomy around the shoulders and neck so as to prevent rubbing!